Friday, April 17, 2009

Warm and Fuzzy Dinner

The past few months has been spent in solitude. Being well hidden from blogosphere, lau niang had pratically no life. Serious shit okeh.

Work has been really merciless....

My masters dissertation feels like i'm in an ultra gory Quentin Tarantino movie....


With both conditions in hand for me to juggle, i had no time for other things at all. Except for my new found love, photography. Heh hehe....i've started to pick things up quite seriously lately and i''ve accepted a few wedding jobs. Things are looking pretty exciting ahead....

So that's what i've been doing the whole time. Working. Studying. Editing pictures. All by myself.

Really saddening.

I was pretty assured that Ken Watanabe is going to ditch me for some young bimbo and i'm going to die an old maid already. Not until Joe invited me for dinner. Not just any dinner. This dinner meant something. To me at least. Joe has been a very nice friend i've known for a couple of years but due to time constraints, we hardly had the chance to meet up. But we remained in touch nevertherless.

And yesterday, Joe invited me over to his place for a dinner that he prepared himself. Now that's a first for me i gotta tell you. I've never had anyone cooked for me (except for mom and gramma) in my whole life. And what a blast i had. For a guy, the dishes he prepared was really impressive. Out friend even made terung...knowing that i love them very much. Heh heh!

T'was a very very sumptious 3 course dinner with soup even. The evening was very quiet and peaceful and we had a very good time watching animes ( My 2nd love interested now aside from photography. I on the way nak convert perky dah..claymore claymore...) after dinner. Its just the kind of break i need from all the pressure of work and studies.

Everything just seems.....nice to me. It was just small gestures but it left me feeling warm and fuzzy all night long.

Thanks for the wonderful dinner Joe.....really appreciate it. :D

7 comments:

Danny said...

i love photography.. but always too busy for it.
i love terung too .. never too busy for it :)

Joe Ong said...

You are the most welcome, lau niang...
Next time i cook Thai Green Curry for you ok. Glad you loved it. :)

Little Prince said...

so shioks.

Medie007 said...

woooo.... warm and fuzzy. wooot woot. :P

lau niang said...

Danny: Don't we all love terungs! Ha ha ha ha!

Joe: That's really nice of you...can't wait to taste it. You're such a great cook. Heh heh!

Lil Prince: Having good friends is such a bliss! Lolz!

Medie: I felt very woot woot myself too. Ha ha ha ha!

MiChi said...

Hey!

I love love love anime... naruto is my top favourite! haha... bleach, one piece, death note ... all are great!

of course it is best to watch with friend who enjoy the same anime. I can lend you the show but I think you will enjoy watching it with your friends? Can ask perky to join us... haha...

always wanted to say hi to you but scared frighten you le :)

MiChi said...

Joe Ong:
You can cook thai food? oh wow!! I love making thai food too