Thursday, March 8, 2007

Curse of the Chau Tar Chicken

Before I start of today’s post, Lau Niang want to tankyu a very special fellow blogger fren: Froggy who made this cute little Bibik Doll icon for me. Sosweet!!! Froggy, you are such a dear…thank you thank you!

So on with the show…

Today Lau Niang very hungry and angry you know. I bought a somewhat lavish breakfast today u ols. 1 packet of Nasi Lemak and 3 karipap. Total RM2 selepas memondan ngan mak cik jual nasi lemak and dapat diskaun. So I went straight to work and put all my stuff in the room. I went out a while to curnch and gossip a bit with my other colleagues only…..my food went missing when I came back!!!!!!!

Who in the world could possibly steal my food???! WHO??!?!?!? I hope whoever that karipap stealer is will choke on my food; develop a stomach ulcer after that and get a permanent buasir up his arse and may he step on wet dog shit and gets shitted by pigeons every day! I got no breakfast now you know!!!!!!!!! I want back my nasi lemak and karipap!!!!!! Mak very hungry and angry tau!!!

I’m having so much of bad luck with food these days. Contohnya yesterday also….i went to Secret Recipe with Poporoot and Perky and mama diva for dinner lah. I ordered their chicken cordon bleu which was SUPPOSE to be cheesy, boneless, yummy and what not. Hmmmm….if you say so…..



See the pic also like so sedap kan?

DO NOT EAT IT IF YOU LOVE YOURSELF! !!

My dish turned up dry, no gravy at all with a few miserable fries that I can fry better. And to top it all up…the chicken is chau tar!! Hangus! Over cooked!! OK?!?! Its so black even Mama Diva is fairer than the overly fried chicken can?! (Wah larriiiikk!!) I mean even if you’re a fan of chau tar food, you don’t have to pay such a price at Secret recipe lah. Perky can make better chau tar food for you….. ( lari lagiiii!!!!)

I’m telling you it took such a huge effort to finish up that chunk of dry, burnt chicken! Heck, I’m eating at Secret Recipe; isn’t it supposed to be a renowned franchised restaurant that has to maintain a certain level of standards? How can you make people pay RM14.50 for a piece of burned chicken??!? If Tesco foodcourt never mind lah I understand. (Mati lah mak…I hope Mr. Tesco doesn’t read this) Nih Secret Recipe tau!!!

I’m SO SO SO never gonna eat that thing again! I tell you….if you reeeally need to eat there, stick to the lasagna and the spaghettis. Its comparatively safer. No….I remember Poporoot once got a bitter lasagna. Dunno why its bitter also. Chau tar again??!? So scratch that. New mesasage: do not eat anything there except for the cakes and spaghettis. That’s the only decent thing they can make there. Or at least that’s the only thing they haven’t screw up YET. Oh…..and do ask Perky how good is their mashed potato. I bet she'll have a lot to say.

I don’t care if I sound like I’m trashing Mr. Secret Recipe but I have this responsibility to warn the public of any potential harm. Eating chau tar food will cause lung cancer you know. And that will spread to the cranium and rectum and you’ll have to do an enema after that otherwise you will get concussion.



Wah….i feel so smart after watching Grey’s Anatomy. I can speak surgeon already!!! Hmm…maybe I can consider a career change…who knows I’ll meet a Mc Steamy in one of those OR rooms.

What does OR stands for by the way? Orginal Recipe?? Any help there…..anyone??

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

OPERATION ROOM LARRR........ *slaps head*

Unknown said...

stephelym: hang out with bibik a few days and you'll get used to it. muahahahaha.... MB is to bibik 'marry brown' what megabytes is to us common ppl (laaaarrrrikkkkk!)

darling: mcdreamy!!!! i want a person like that as my gynae can? and hey, didn't megat had a bad cordon bleu adventure before too? he didn't warn you meh?

Anonymous said...

But some call it Operation Theater. Of course, it is not meant to have plays and dramas but it's the same as Operation Room. But I have never heard people call it OT cos it will be confused with working OT. Hahaha!!!

Sam said...

Oooh, speaking of Secret Recipe - I must simply recommend you a dish. It's only found at KLCC, and I don't know if it's still there or not - but try the Hi-Fiber Cheesecake. Really awesome. I loved every bit of it. =D

Lau Niang said...

Steph: I'm so proud there's at least a science stream running in the bloodline....fine, i'll let you scrub in an OR.

lyana: I'll have you know that me and steph have had more than a few hang out days. She's my sista. By blood. And you dun have to propah propah here ok...mak cakar baru tau. The cordon bleu...well i thought i was an Umar thing, u know him and food lah kan (lariiik) so i'd gave it a 2nd chance...and it failed miserably. In fact umar went "kenapa u order lagi? Kan i dah cakap tak sedap??! I dah blog pun, ko tak baca ker???" IN FRONT OF THE WAITRESS!! Loud not loud not? The waitress kena sentap smile at me jer. I show her the goldfish face instead.

Calvin: Ceh you got me excited there for once. I thought i could perform a monologue there or something. Ha ha ha!

Sam: Oh yeah....we have that cake here as well. And I HAVE tasted it. Erm how do i put this nicely....lets just say i'm not a big fan of nuts AND health food so it wasn't a really pleasnt experience. With all due respects. Ha ha!

Unknown said...

darling: laa steph rupanya...mak malu!!!!! why laaa i tak check the family name kan? *hantuk kepala* but yeah, she should be used to it(hey steph, we can make dictionary by now you know) ...and *ehem* bila nak update on new housemate (pics and all???) ;)

Fable Frog said...

Hmmm, i would never consider Secret Recipe's food to be at top notch la~ the rasiah are only for their cakes anyway. So whenever i go into one of their outlets, it'll be to buy a cake only [for birthday parties]... coz' their choco cakes damn big~!!

::airswift:: said...

wahey.. that time wrong time man, mak kena bad mood beyond reason. and then when bibiknyonya mentioned about the dried chicken, it reminded me on the miserable experience of wasting money of buying such tasteless food.

so i was literally shouting like:

"CORDON BLEU TU TIDAK SEDAP LANGSUNG."

in front of the waitress. kesian the waitress.

but i repetitively said thanks with my sweet sweet smile to her service each time she passed me my drink and food. not her fault mah.

Unknown said...

airswift: sejak bila you are NOT loud with your expressions , esp on the bad food that somehow miraculously will come your way only? (mak laaaaarrrikkkkkkk dulu no...)

Anonymous said...

Haha..teaches you to listen to your friends next time. If Mr. Scavenger says it's not nice, means IT'S NOT NICE lah. But I actually ordered the same thing as Airswift that time. I didn't think it was THAT bad lerr.

::airswift:: said...

amboi everybody!!!!!!

i kena label macam2 ye??

mak keysahhh tau!! (*twirls angrily*)

really ah, bad food will come my way?

hm. should blog a list about this.

Unknown said...

cathy: ni kita tak bukak cerita sotong ss2 lagi..hehehe.

bibik: *on the historian* aiyoo you know the kind of books i read = kena sabar with all the description semua..hahaha. it's a great book though.

Ry said...

by the way time to update!

lao niang kenot delay too long.
try to blog about how to bake kueh mueh. make cencaluk. cook assam prawn.

i'm luvin it

Lau Niang said...

fable frog: Yeah....i suppose the cakes are the only edible food they sell in the shop. Stick to the cakes!

Joery: You sponsor me to attend kelas memasak chef wan then i can blog about cooking recipes lor! Anyway i got new post oledi lah!

Perky said...

Yes I can definitely make better chau tar food than Mr Secret Recipe. I've got lots of pretis! =)

Oh btw their mashed potato looks like a soggy dick. Have you ever seen a soggy dick b4?!?!?!? Eeeshh nightmares you know!

savante said...

Only wish the OR was full of hot McSteamies :P

Unknown said...

Uahhh... your OR so HAWT one ah?