Saturday, March 3, 2007

Lau Niang goes to book fair


Last Friday, Lau Niang went on a book frenzy. I’m telling you, I was on rampage! I ran amok….like I’ve never seen books all my life before. Ok…so that was a little over….tapi suka mak lah! It was Catty who brought me to this MPH book fair…..hidden in the seclusion the ever busy city. I’ve never even been to the place before and the entire book fair is like a night market.

It was held in open air. Those giant unglamorous fans that blows your hair out of proportion stood in every corner you can find. The whole area is packed with jostling people browsing books everywhere. Promoters hollered great deals over the microphone like their selling pots and pans in a night market.

But oh the discounts……it’s crazy I’m telling you. It’s a haven for book whores! I’ve never bought so many books in a day before. And EVERYTHING costed below RM100. I kid you not. Latest fictions were on sale for RM20+, hardcovers was on half price and the deal goes on.

So this is what I bought….


RM23



Only RM 1o!!!!!


Hardcover.....RM37. Used to cost RM70. Been aiming for this book since 1930.....



RM 20 only!


Ain’t that a great deal! And to top it all up, I went for YET ANOTHER book fair. On the same day. I know….its crazy….told you I’m a book whore. Ha ha ha!

But sad to say, the Popular book fair was a real boo boo. Despite the comfy air conditioned venue (it was held in Ikano), the discounts were so stingy I tell you. Its like…although the selections are comparatively better there….but the discount only 20%...no point lah! All see no touch only.

But Lau Niang still managed to grab a title under the 70% discount bin though. I can never leave a bookshop empty handed. I managed to get Albert Camus’ The Plague for just RM16. How’s that?


I went home so contented and proud. I now have enough to read for a year man! So if u ols will excuse me, I have to get back to my reading now. And meanwhile you get all your asses to that book fair. IF its still there….

You don’t know what you’re missing man!

12 comments:

MissC said...

Ooh...I'm the very first to comment on your new blog. Bangganya! Although I kena comment as "Catherine" from now since u dun allow anonymous comments.....so formal hoh!
Which book you reading first ah? Read the Empress one la so I can pinjam :P I kena addicted to this genre already know!

::airswift:: said...

hey catty no need to use real name la sayang.

Fable Frog said...

Wah~ a fiercer new blog ah? And to start off with so many books~~ wah lau er...

Lau Niang said...

Catty: Ehh.....sejak biler i dun allow anonymous comments....i welcome ALL comments. ha ha ha! Eh you don't worry...i got plenty more evil concubine books, can last you a lifetime. Ha ha ha! Mak bagi kiss for 1st commentor.....muacks!!

Airswift: Ha betul tu...betul tu!

Fable frog: What better way right? Ha ha ha ha!

Kyle: And thank you for dropping by! Remember to drop by more often wor....haha ha!

Unknown said...

darling!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just didn't check for one day, and got ALL SHINY BRAND NEW blog already? sheesh!

mak jadik book whore jugak this weekend, found kahlil gibran's the prophet at the second hand book store for 6 dollars only! in good condition! and the book is banned in msia!!! muahahahahaha. mak suka sekali! am now on the search for books that are NOT sold in msia and run amok in brissie..hehehe

Unknown said...

semekse (dunno how to spell, but you read baku onli la) semekse Lau Niang?

Lau Niang said...

lyana: Eh mestilah....i'm a bagful of surprises...lolz! Dun forget to loan me them banned books once you get home gurl! Mak tunggu tau!

Jule: What a lovely surprise!! Lau Niang se old aunty...ha ha ha ha! How's the vadeh over there? More wangi not? ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog and to your comment. You love books too? Yeah! Come join the club! Hehehe......

I'm a bookworm if you have noticed my posts about bookfairs and how much I spent. I wanted to get that "Empress" hardcover too but I don't know if it's good. Tell me how it goes, ok?

Sam said...

Oooh, yeah - I was at the Popular fair with my godbrothers last Saturday too. You're right about the prices - wasn't that much of a discount.

But nevertheless... a discount. =P

savante said...

I know! That place was panas as hell!

Lau Niang said...

Calvin: Anything with evil concubines in it is sure good man! HA ha ha ha!

Sam: Kinda hard to get a reallly good deal there lor....i only bought 1 title there :(

savante: Oh you were there too huh....hope you had fun there? (not with the heat....the books of course)

Anonymous said...

omg..i can't believe it. I have gone thru albeit not detailed from the latest post to the last post in March :) that is a record for me. Hope u dont mind i link you so i can come back n read yr posts. i was so entertained I just kept going hahhahah.

bernard was the one who intro yr blog to me :)