Monday, March 26, 2007

I'm Elegant.....And That's Final

Following my previous flying pizza incident, I was victimized by another similar mishap last weekend. See, I was having dinner with The Housemate and we had fried chicken wings as a side dish. I noticed how he could actually eat those wings CLEANLY using only forks and spoon. And I used my usual way of tearing it up in pieces with my bare hands; gnawing and chewing the flesh….like an Amazon cannibal.



Moving on, he ordered for extra ice coz the shop so stingy on ice in the drinks. Being the ice cube whore I am, once again I greedily picked the largest cubes and plopped them into my drinks. Once I was done, I noticed that The Housemate actually used a teaspoon and scooped those slippery ice cubes meticulously before gently dropping it into the drinks.

Feeling flustered…I had to make my remarks of course.

Me: You’re freaky you know that. You eat chicken wings with forks and spoon. If that’s not weird enough, you pick ice using a teaspoon!

Housemate: That’s because I have elegant table etiquette and you don’t…

Me: (ni mak hangin nih…dah tak puas hati already; pantang dicabar tau!) Wh…who say I not elegant! See I can pick ice with spoon also ok. Watch and learn….

With exhilarating confidence, I started scooping spoonfuls of ice and dumping it into his glass of tea. Man was I graceful…..

Me: See, I told you I can be elegant if I want…

I felt even more confident and I starting scooping faster and faster….displaying my finesse in scooping ice…..when suddenly…

A whole spoonful of crushed ice fell onto his plate of rice…..

Housemate: (starts glaring at me)…….elegant you say???!

Me: Ooops….ha ha ha….eat chicken wing, eat chicken wing. Must eat while still hot.

I hurriedly scooped a chicken wing and shoved it on his plate before he complains further.

But the chicken wing fell on the table…

Do not judge me ok…we all had our moments…and I’m still elegant!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I guess The Housemate has been officially introduced to Your Klutziness....I mean....Your Elegantness ;)

Anonymous said...

Kelakar betul lah you ni! Hahaha!!!

Unknown said...

LOL. akhirnya housemate nampak jugak ratu scatter in you...opps, i mean, your-etiquetteish-table manners. ;)

Legolas said...

Be elegant when you need to, like when dining in high class and posh restaurants. In mamak? Pakai tangan aje lah...

Jason said...

aiyor... elegant la.. haha.. use fork and knife more often.. can one.. hehe

Lau Niang said...

catty: amboi.....catty attacks again!

calvin: Haish....what to do...its all the ice cubes fault. Who ask they all so slippery!

lyana: Ah suka lah tuh!

legolas: Exactly my point....i just dun see why our fren have to vogue everywhere....i mean its just a cafe in Ikano only what....hik!

Jasse: I think all the knives and forks in the world has an evil scheme of hating me....

savante said...

Nah, no worries. Always difficult to be utterly elegant when someone's watching :)

::airswift:: said...

i think you can try throw a few cubes on your left and right, and say, "to chase away bad luck".

Lau Niang said...

savante: I know....ugh...the stress! I've done better concert performances on stage than trying too hard to be elegant in front of others!

airswift: That's for salt! You throw salt to ward off bad luck; not ice cubes....sila isi borang kemasukan makahmah sendiri. Pastu adik bawak borang balik esok yer, you pergi kaunter enam; you tengoklah ada orang ker tak, kalau takder orang you datang lagi lusa eh, pasal hari ni kiter tutup awal. Adik datang lagi esok yer. (ni kan mahkamah gomen)

Anonymous said...

a very funny post :)