Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hari Raya Bersama Lau Niang Live in Singapore!

Holiday's over and now its back to work. Huu huuu huuu.....anyways, to all muslim readers; here's wishing you a Selamat Hari Raya. Maaf zahir. Batin takder ye.




Before i start off today's rant, i just have a lil' follow up from my previous post. Project Husky tak jadi anymore!!!! Man was i so so so relieved! And before you can point finger at me calling me prodigal daughter anak derhaka and what not, i'll have you known that it was Dad who called it off okeh. Nothing to do with innocent me. Apparently the husky got no birth certificate. And dad's very particular birth certs. So no cert, no husky. Close call. Ha ha ha ha!


Right. Moving on. My Holidays. I think a long post is coming ahead so make sure you have some time for this. Ha ha ha. Lau Niang go to Singapore last Raya you know. And i sure had plenty of fun. Of course, this isn't my 1st trip there. I have a few relatives living there so i do go over ther every now and then. But normally the trips are so so so boring. Its so boring until i grow mushroom and cobwebs there you know.


But this time, i was determined to make a productive trip. No more loafing around aunty's house waiting for go home time. But before the fun begins, there's always the long excrutiating journey in he car. 3 adults and a princess crammed at the back seat for like what....4 hours??


YOU TRY!!!


In situations like these, people do the srtangest things out of boredom. The lucky ones fall asleep. The unluckier ones...are weird. I was sandwiched beside nenek and guess what shining bling bling caught the corner of my eyes.



How bout that. My gramma wears a Guess. Main main engko! She is high crass punyer nenek tau. Did i leave her at peace with her Guess shades?



Of course not.


A lil' less than an hour later, my sis fell asleep. She dropped dead and slumped on my thighs throughout the entire journey. I was this close to loosing my sperm production abilities. With her long hair frazzled all over the place, Nenek invented her own way of self entertainment.



Yep. That's her. Nenek ku yang kiut skali. At long last, i finally reached. Gah....i dunno how i survived the car ride. Like seriously. So after grabbing a quick lunch, we wasted no time and headed to the nearest MRT station.

Shopping spree!!!!!!!!


With none of the family members familar with roads around the place, we simply bumped around and hopped off stations that sounded shopping-y to us. Naturally we got off to some of the weirdest place to shop. We went to Raffles' Place instead of Raffles' City. Then i went like "Eh.....did they close the mall down? Why so quiet in here???"


Bugis street was the most amusing trip i have to say. I got off the station and i found this huge ass flea market.



It somewhat reminded me of Chatuchak Market i went in Bangkok. But everything is sold in S'pore currency here okeh. So me is poor. In bangkok i Paris Hilton know....buy things no need see price tag one. Cheep cheep cheep....here have to think 3 times, then convert to RM see expensive not, then have convention to see apa kata survey, if all pass baru lah beli. Punya lah susah.


Anyway, walking along he hustling streets there is a nice experience on its own. So many beautiful people to see. Ha ha ha ha! Then....i got robbed.


Yes people, i got robbed in Singapore. By my sister. She force me to buy ice cream for her tau. Good thing its only 80 cent. But i have to say Singapore ice creams do look peculiar. have you seen ice cream served like this?



Fascinating. Its quite a huge chunk you know. So kira quite worth it lah. Omigosh....but wait till she sees the japanese ice cream i had with Japan Slut last night. I forced him to drive me back to Hartamas just so i can have another bar. Mak memang keji. Ha ha ha ha!


Back to Singapore. More walking and walking up ahead. Until dad cannot tahan mintak recess at a minum stall. Ok lor. Then i got another shock of my like. No i din get robbed this time. (I'm so full of drama, i know) I saw the huge ass ceiling fan rotating on top of my head. Its freaking huge i tell you!



See what i mean? You can decapitate 20 heads at one go with that! I think if the fan collapses, hundreds will die. I've never seen a ceiling fan this huge before.


Within a few hours, everyone of us is already panting and all sweaty. We saw a mall right ahead and by instinct, everyone marched into the mall. I dun even know what's the name of the mall, but the minute i stepped in, i felt like i stepped into the magical land of Oz. This mall is catered for......Ah Mas!!!


Seriously. All the shoppers are like Rosie Phua lookalikes. All the shoppers were aunties. 40s above with giant curls clad in big floral print tops. ALL of them! I kid you not. I walked around the ladies department and i saw this.




Horror tak? Like ALL the baju in the mall is like that. Me and my sis exchanged blank looks in silence only. Trying hard to believe its real. Not even Nenek would be caught dead in those gaudy outfits. Oh, and look at their latest collection on display.



I rest my case. We tiptoed our way out, not touching anything at all. Later in the evening, we hopped into another station.



City hall meets Suntec City. Lau Niang is happy now. Ha ha ha! Finally some decent malls with browse worthy boutiques. The malls there are very tourist friendly i should say. There were sign boards everywhere so you don't get lost easily. Then i noticed this most peculiar Road name.



Hmmm.....anyone up for some wet bras? There's a whole road of it here in Singapore.



Also, the interior of the malls here are rather jaw dropping. In the Sunctec City mall, i saw this miniature musical fountain complete with is own background music and rather good ligthings and water formations. I tell you, fountain also can gather so many crowds.



Look at this woman. She can sit there for 10 minutes admiring the fountain. I have to stand behind and wait for her. She dind't move until i dragged her arms off and went "Aiyah mommy no need to see lah. It's just water! Next time i install one in our house you can watch all day long lah. I wanna see baju now!!"


Then only she rela to go. Wasting my youth you know.


Finally it was time to go home coz all the malls closing. Cis. But anyhow, i bought me many many things also. Me is happy now. here's what i got.




Renoma panties from a mall, courtesy of Mommy. Ya, she still buy my panties. All my favourite colour, so nice. Got white, got grey, oh there's another oren one but i wearing now. Cannot show u ols. Ha ha ha!



Then i got this stringy holey bermuda from Bugis. 20 bucks only. What a bargain. Ha ha ha! But its true lor what the say. Good things not cheap, cheap things not good.



You see what happen to my pocket inside......koyak one.



But fret not. Thank god for mommies! Ha ha ha ha ha!



Last but not least, i got this really really nice long sleeve. From Bugis also. So so so nice. Now if you'll excuse me, i got a runway to walk.


Man, this post is fucking long. I'm not even bothered to check the spelling. So....cheerios..



16 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

Lau Niang Mama looks so chun! Woot!

Ada lagi part 2 kan?

Janvier said...

Wah that shirt looks very the nice!

Pluboy2 said...

err. first time to singapore? hehehe

David The Man said...

huh? got rob?

::airswift:: said...

wah the shirt looks nice but bangkok shirts nicer and cheaper.

wah, i bought new renomas too. ada orange, ada red, ada black. purposely wear them with my low cut jeans at taiping to cause whispers from my uncle to my mom. hik.

Unknown said...

keles nyer nenek..guess tuh :) gua salute la..heheh

Ganymede said...

Wah wah wah. No wonder la tak dengar from you during Raya break...

*sob sob

Jigokutenshi said...

Hua... No wonder bibik is a trendy one. Mana boleh kalah because of nenek kan?? :D

Jonzz said...

Wah so cheong hey... your grandmother so funny, go and braid your sister's hair, LOL!

Anonymous said...

The icecream is nice la

Willk said...

what all the way from KL to Singapore buy Renoma underwear? Did u know normally ppl do it in another way. Renoma underwear, ppl buy it at Malaysia instead at Spore. As i know Msia sell much cheaper then at here.

Aziya said...

Waii Lau Niang... Mama still buy you "panties" arr???.... Very tunjuk diva tau...

My mama boleh kasi penampar kalau I mintak belikan panties for me.. hahahahah....

Lau Niang said...

angel: ha....so long the post oledi you still want another part 2 meh. Mati lah mak menaip.

janvier: yes i know. Best thing is not expensive also. With good taste, poor people can look good also. Ha ha ha!

pluboy: no lah, not 1st time lah. Choi!

david: By my sis lor. She rob 80 cents off me.

airswift: i have a feeling its the same stock of shirts lor....

soloact: memang. She the most happening nenek okeh. Ha ha ha!

queer ranter: Well, mama's back and she's louder than ever now. Ha ha ha!

chris: Runs in the blood...ha ha ha!

jonzz: She memang very cute one lor...ha ha ha!

melvin: CHEAP and nice. Ha ha ha!!

william: This one malaysia dun have mah. I never see before here also. See so nice i buy lor. Ha ha ha!

aziya: Ini dipanggil MOTHER'S LOVE. ha ha ha!

Life Cafez said...

I still remember I get to buy "this kind of ice-cream" during my childhood at my hometown, but I am not sure is this kind of ice-cream is still available. If I am not mistaken, it cost RM0.80 and comes with 2 favours, yam and chocolate and it's nice! *yummy* :)

Unknown said...

WEE~

glad to see you had fun! ;) and wow, looove the shirt! :)

now, bila mau datang gold coast? tiket AirAsia X dah keluar, cheap cheap only to come here. and no, mak masih student jadi tak mampu sponsor. ngeh ngeh ngeh.

and what's with all of you (u and trumpetist tu lah) with oren panties?? I got purple ones, got bunga2 ala roxy patterns lagi...nicer some more. haha!

Anonymous said...

waa... ko hengat ko mcm azwan ali la...beraya di perth la...
diva la beraya di singapore...
later u wear the green renoma with ur greeen crocs and do a catwalk..
sure melertz...

huuuwaaaa....lucky u didnt buy the shirts there yg dekat mall tu...kalo x mengucap mama tgk kau nnt...