Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Meme: 8 Random Facts About Me


Tagged by: Bengbeng

The rules of this tag:




1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.


2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.


3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).


4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.





Eight Factoids About Me:



1. I have a very morbid taste for movies and books. Both of which I indulge in heavily. Being in the performing arts field, of course I have to watch a lot of movies to keep myself on track. I watch anything from Teletubies to Schindler’s List and everything in between. I also have a strange habit of needing to read before I sleep every night.



And my selection of titles always seems to bend towards the more morbid side. I enjoy horror and thriller movies most. Think Hostel, Saw, Hills Have Eyes, Thai horror flicks, Korean Horror flicks, Jap horror flicks, and even Malay ones. I also have a strange liking for Holocaust and war movies. I’m talking about The Pianist, Schindler’s List, Killing Fields, It’s a Beautiful Life kinda’ thing. It’s VERY depressing but I simply enjoy it. Movies like these shows how strong the human will is and how far will it go for survival; very uplifting if you ask me.



When dealing with books, again I have a rather morbid or what people would call…a more peculiar taste. I like Holocaust reads. I have almost 10 titles about the Holocaust alone and some of them I’ve even read twice. Also, I love Asian literature. Stories of victims and violence in Communist China, the afflictions of women (forced marriages, foot binding, nasty mother in laws, abusive husbands) in ancient China and also of course…tales of the Forbidden City that involves power struggle and cold wars in the harem of concubines excites me most.



2. Members of my family who are fond of pets all have their own pets but we ‘share’ them together at home. Both my sisters have their own dogs each. That includes Maya. My father keeps birds and fishes in a landscaped tank. Me? I have a fetish on reptiles. I have a pet Iguana here in PJ and I have a reticulated python back in my hometown. Yes, I’m talking about THE retic python; the biggest of all python species. Hmmm….perhaps I should blog her one of these days. Should I?? Hara sure has an interesting t-ail to share. Wanna hear it? ;p




3. I have an uncanny strength when it comes to willpower. I do not crack easily under pressure and I have an inhuman level of patience when dealing with tangled issues; be it large or small issues. When playing my PS2, I can fight a difficult boss 20 times in a row until I win the level and I do not feel frustrated at all. When writing a script, I could spend hours perfecting a single page alone. When practicing my clarinet, I could spend an entire evening practicing a specific bar of music just to get it right. When I want something, I WILL get it by hook or by crook. You think Mom or Nenek would allow me to get a tattoo or keep a python at home?? ;p




4. Lime green is my favourite colour. Yes, I have a loud taste. So what…suka hati mak lah! People would recognize me with my signature green Crocs and I recently just bought another pair lime green flip flops. I have lots of green tees. I have green curtain, bed sheets and rugs in my bedroom here. Even my pet is lime green in colour. Ha ha ha!




5. Apart from chickens, I am deathly afraid of toads. Especially the fugly grey one. Back when I was little, there used to be a huge ass grey toad that always sleeps in a flower pot at my gramma’s place. Me and my sis would always poke it with a stick until it wakes up. One fine day, the fucker pounced on me and I ran for dear life back into the house, locked all the doors and windows; afraid that it would jump into the house. I hated toads to my guts ever since. I see a toad I would run berserk and screech like Emily Rose.123456 123456 123456!!! Hmm…then again I always do that with Mama Diva every other day.




6. I dinch tell this to anyone before but I had an Indiana Jones episode once. A long time ago. Back in my old house where I grew up, there’s this huge mountain that’s quite near to my place. Being a huge fan of Ultraman monsters back then, a stoopid maid ( I remember she’s local, not an indon maid) of mine told me that the mountain is actually a monster in disguise and it will transform into its true self and eat me up if I don’t finish my rice. I believed her and that’s how she tricked me into finishing my rice. She went like… “Can you see? That’s the head and the sharp thing is the horn. The monster will wake up and eat you up if you don’t finish your rice!”


Being the stubborn self that I am, I told my cousin (we were of the same age) about it and we both decided to climb the mountain secretly to find out the truth. On our own. Kids, do not attempt this. Its not glamorous at all. Go dress up in your mom’s clothes and play with her lipstick instead. Its safer and more fun.




And so one afternoon when our parents are away working, we did climb the mountain. Towards the peak, one of us accidentally stepped on an anthill and we got attacked by huge massive black ants. I got it all over my body and I was hitting away until….i fell into a quicksand. Thank god the mud was rather thick and I didn’t sink that fast. Still, I sinked until my chest level. My cousin pulled me out slowly and we headed home immediately.



And that’s how I learned that the mountain is not a monster after all. To think that I could have got killed….





7. I never learned my lesson. On another episode, I found a nest of wasps dwelling in a hole by the drain behind my house as I was walking my dog. To my excitement, I ran home and told my sister about it and we checked the nest out together. True enough we found the nest. We squatted by the drain and admired the nest in awe. Then we turned to each other and out eyes gleamed with mischief. Quietly, I reached for an unripe jambu and aimed at the nest. I hit bullseye and you can imagine what happened lah. Me and my sis got multiple stings all over our body and gave a mom a heart attack. Ha ha ha!




8. I simply love comics. I grew up collecting Doraemon comics. When Dragon ball fever hit, I joined in the craze. Unfortunately, my interest only lasted 19 volumes. Then came Shin Chan comics. I have to say they’re my all time favourite and I still buy them now. I have at least 40 volumes currently. I can re-read them and still laugh myself silly. My most expensive comic collection has to be Asiapac’s Condor Hero. They cost RM15 a volume and I have all 18 volume. Complete. Another prized treasure of mine.





8 people I’m tagging:



Poporoot : As one of the girls in the divine sisterhood, I am obligated to include him (?) in anything that I do. For better or worse. Merasalah engko buat 8 facts nyah. Ha ha ha!



Pompuan Kedah: One of the craziest girl with crazy issues and crazy maggi mee hair that I ever came across. Thus, she’s make a perfect candidate for such memes. Mak larriik ke Cambodia dolu yer.



Froggy: My bitch who stood by me through thick and thin; though we’ve yet to meet. In doing this meme, I sure hope to hear more surprises from him (?).



Angel: The fastest bff I ever made and the ONLY online friend that I’ve never met before who sent a gift to me. Sosweet!!! Darling, I still keeping your high-tech book mark as treasure…mak sayang tau!



Jonzz: One of my most faithful reader who never fails to drop comments in every post. I really appreciate the support. U ols must belajar contoh baik tau. Teacher give you Pokemon sticker afterwards.



Mr. M: Just out of curiousity. I’ve yet to see this prolific Diva do any memes and I sure like to know more about your royal highness. Ha ha ha ha!



Nyonya Penang : You didn’t think I would ignore a fellow Mak Nyonya did you? Of course I wouldn’t! tulis Nyonya….jangan tak tulis oi!



Calvin: How can there be no Calvin with Froggy around. Me and Froggy bully Calvin habis habis in MSN. Very brutal one. So this is for you lor. Buli lagi. Ha ha ha!


*******************


PS: Who will buy this title for me please? PLEASE?? Ha ha ha!! I want it SO badly but it costs more than 60 freaking bucks! Mak nak jadi empress.........nak jugak nak jugak!!!!

21 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

Mak nie cukup interesting... I might hv done this tag b4... nanti kiter selongkar blog dulu ye...

Thanks for the tag! To tag is to sayang? :D

Jonzz said...

Wah, labelled as faithful reader and kena tag... So not encouraging... LOL!

Gosh, another 8 facts... sweat!

Anonymous said...

I saw that book "The Last Empress" in paperback version liao wor. And it's not 60 over ringgit ma. It's like normal paperback novels.

You know what? We share a lot in common when it comes to the type of books we read. Like you, I also love reading Asian literature like how a boy from a poor family succeeded in life, how people ran away during Mao's ruling, etc....I also love the histories of China's emperors, the palaces stories, the wars too like World War, 1421, 1821, etc....

Ganymede said...

Hahahhah. Grey frogs? Never seen it before leh. Don't they come in more colourful variety?

Lau Niang said...

angel: Yes to tag is to the sayang! Make love not war kan...ha ha ha!

jonzz: Eh its a good thing you know. I gave you topic then you won't kena writers block lah! You can do one i know....ha ha ha!

calvin: Wah wah wah....and i thought i was the weird one. Ha ha ha! Got meh last empress in paperback??! I finding high and low dun have also! Wah must buy must buy!

Queer Ranter: They're not frogs. Its the fugly toad...with warts on the skin type and shiny black eyes one....very geli you know!

savante said...

The paperback of Last Empress is out and it's not that expensive. Go get it!

Anonymous said...

Does this mean i cannot ramas liao? :( hahahah
Thanks for doing this tag. It is interesting to read abt your childhood escapades and your current escapades or are they in the same category :) haahahahh.

Melvin Mah said...

mak oiii....lama tak jumpa. After such a long time din visit this blog, once visit saja ternampak hantu pula...(emily rose)..ish ish.....reading ya blog malam malam buta boleh mati tau..*

Vernon Kedit said...

Should I whip your ass or should I WHIP your ass?

rainbow angeles said...

Mak, I did this tag last year at 6 random facts... Wah, in setahun, tambah 2 facts wan?? Hehe...

Thanks for the sayang! Muaks!

Fable Frog said...

ah i got tagged ah? last time did 8 weird things, ni apa pulak? aiya chin chai lar, i'll try~~ :| haha

Fable Frog said...

EH mak! i actually done this before lei~!!

::airswift:: said...

wah.. i never knew that you were adventurous when u were a kid.

Lau Niang said...

savante: Wah you sure not? must find must find!

bengbeng: You sure you wanna ramas meh? Once you ramas there's no turning back you know. Ha ha ha!

m5lvin: Aiyah....gambar only mah...not say will jump out of the screen and french kiss you. Ha ha ha!!

Mr. M: Pick your fav...other better yet do both lah...auuu!!!

angel: Yer...i read oledi...that one is post malas...no elaboration one...mesti kembangkan isi tau. Tolak markah wait. Ha ha ha!

froggy: Then you re-do lor. Ha ha ha!

airswift: Mak dodolu angelina Jolie tomb raider okeh!

Anonymous said...

:) seriously i still blurr wat is ramas :)

Chen said...

reticulated python as pet?
Eeeeeeeeeeee...
hak sei yan :P

Vernon Kedit said...

Someone obviously has issues.

deeperanddeeper said...

hi bibik! oh gosh! didn't see it coming. The Emily Rose pic! scared the hell out of me!

Anonymous said...

BbcYtc [url=http://ukbootshopon.com/]cheap ugg boots online[/url] FajMob http://ukbootshopon.com/

Anonymous said...

RvmWwp [url=http://www.chloemise.com/]クロエ 財布[/url] TqdWxh UsdQdj http://www.chloemise.com/ MtdIeq IcyVfp [url=http://www.megasyoppu.com/]アグ ムートンブーツ[/url] IqjFtk BhyXsy http://www.megasyoppu.com/ SmmGcg PtxMlb [url=http://www.bootyangu.com/]アグ ブーツ[/url] WlvVat JxjLvp http://www.bootyangu.com/ VwpCyv

Anonymous said...

Hi. I noticed your blog title, "Blogger: Lau Niang"
does not really reflect the content of your web-site.
When writing your blog title, do you think it's best to write it for Search engine optimization or for your visitors? This is one thing I've been battling with simply
because I want great rankings but at the same time I want the best quality for my website visitors.


Here is my web page: auto insurance utah