Thursday, June 26, 2008

Beauty & The beast @ Plenary Hall KLCC

Shit. I finally have an excuse know the reason why i've been lazy kept busy from blogging.


I AM SO HOOKED TO AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL!!

Seriously its the only thing i do at work when i'm free. I watch it before classes. I watch it after classes. I can tibai 1 whole season in 2 days. So you can expect a more often return of me when i finish all 10 cycles lah ya. Ha ha ha ha ha! Kidding kidding.

ANYWAYS.

I'm here today to review about this musical i watched last night. Yep. Beauty and The Beast is now staging in Plenary Hall and i finally get to see my dress kuning kembang being put in good use. Of coz i will go and see. Got so many pondan attended as well. All berangan nak jadi princess.

Before i begin, here are some comments my friends made after the show. My comment is grand finale lah of coz.

"It was ok but i didn't wet my panties..." ~~ Perky

"Mana the chandelier for the dancing scene and Be My Guest? Mana the field with the horse running?" ~~ Poporoot Pegap


"Aiyo....i almost fell asleep during the show. Good thing they smart enough to change the sets..." ~~ J-Me. (J is not for jilat okeh)



"We Will Rock You is so so so so much better. Thank you God for making We Will Rock You" ~~Cat



Additional conversation i overheard behind me:


Super-excited-sugar-high-girl: Mommy mommy i want to buy the CD after this can? Can?

Monotonous-Mom : .........for what.



Having said all that, you should know by now which way review is leading to already.


In my utmost humble opinion....the musical was really just so so to me. I didn't wet my panties as well. Where do i begin. Let's start with the Beast' character.

I was so taken aback at the characterization. In the cartoon this Beast character is depicted as a large feroucious ...well..beast obviously....with permanent PMS. And buasir. In this musical version, not only his PMS and buasir was rather inconsistent, the actor actually tried too hard to give a fresh flavour to the character by adding some comedic scenes having the Beast to do things that is SO UNLIKELY of the character.

I'm talking about whining and stomping foot all over the place when Belle refused his 1st dinner invite. Kepit punai sqealling in pain when Belle was treating his injuries from the wolf attack. That is something.....i would do. Not the beast. So yeah, as a result the Beast looked like a huge ass hairy prancing drag queen who can't afford shavers.

And then there was the transformation part. You know where the spell get broken and he transforms into a prince so handsome i will hump the cardboard stand-up poster like Duracell Rabbit. Dun even get me started if he's a real person.

Anyway, you know that part is the cream of the story you know. And it was presented so poorly on stage. I know its not an easy feat to do but still what they did was really unacceptable. From what i saw, I think the Beast was hoisted up and he turned 360 like a ferris whell...with no brakes. Seriuosly he turn so fast i dunno how the actor can tahan. I will puke on Belle if it was me lor. Turn turn turn then pooof.....tada! Beast in person comes walking in with follow spot on him ala Mr. Bean.

Nabeh.....what kind of transformation is that?!?!?! If they let Belle hug and cry over a bear bear doll and have the Actor change his costume back stage also i not so geram lor. Seriuosly it reminded me of Exorcist where Linda Blair floated on top of the bed and started turning also. Suddenly become Exorcist Musical only.




And that's not the end of it okeh. I had such high hopes on the Beast-in-person actor i tell you. Of all disney princes, i think he's the 2nd most hemsem one of all lei. Number one forever must be Prince Eric of Little Mermaid. So hemsem.
See his kukucau so big. That's why i like. But this Beast prince also very hemsem you know.

See his big eyes, big chest, big arms, broad shoulder and those long flowy hair. Like horse. So nice lei. I seriuosly expected the actor to be looking somewhat similar lor. But no.

The Prince is like NOT HEMSEM AT ALL!!! Not ugly also but NOT HEMSEM AT ALL!!! He looked like some drunk latino man with stubbies all over his face. I see like so busuk like that. SUCH A DISSAPOINTMENT i tell you. I don't hate the actor, its not his fault that he looks like that but i just expected more. All Disney princes are obligated to be hemsem okeh. Its every little girl's fantasy you know. It's MY fantasy. No one likes to fantasize about drunk latino men lor. Oh ya...his hair not even blonde also. As a result, the prince got a lukewarm applause only when he 1st appeared as human. So sad lor.....sigh.

I should move on. Let's talk Belle. She's quite satisfactory. The actress was very lifelike. She really looks like Belle. Same hair same dress and even the voice very Disney also. No complaints for me. I always have a softer spot for Disney princesses becoz i'm a Disney Princess myself. I love all my sisters.

I should give some credits to Lummiere also. The candle man you know? Oh he was so confident on stage. Very flamboyant with his French flavour...very tight pants...very pondan also. I like! Tapi he straight coz he syok the female feather duster.

Then there was Chip. The little teacup you know? Such a darling. To all directors out there reading this, mak kasi tips sikit. However bad your show is, you can salvage the show by just putting a cute innocent child actor. Or a puppy if you can't get a little boy. Audiences will always have a soft spot for cute lil' children or animals. Though his part was quite little, this little Chip never fails to charm the audiences. I even heard a distinct "Awww...." from everyone when the spell was broken and the actor came in as a boy looking so cute in his night shirt and hugging Mrs. Potts. Sosweet!!! (must say fast fast in high pitch; if still cannnot, ask Jules to teach)

I was quite let down with the orchestration as well. Apart from all the mandatory songs from the cartoon version, they even added some new tracks. Tapi all the new songs like so not nice. See today is the next day only, i forgotten all the songs already. And the arrangements itself is so empty. Blerrrgh....
Dengan itu sekianlah my review for this Enchanted Musical. To those who are going to watch....Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! (Points at face)

10 comments:

Fable Frog said...

wah! you found naked prince eric?? well i was never a musical person~ not gonna watch anyway~ :P but nice review!

::airswift:: said...

yeah, it was a very saaaad musical.
nangis because no chandelier and then how come they're not dancing on shining marble floor? kusam je this whole show.

Janvier said...

ARGH ARGH ARGH BIBIK WHYYYYY POST THAT PIC!

And we thought that was Aladdin at first. Must keep clean memories of Disney.

Ganymede said...

Why is there a huge schlong?!

savante said...

Aiks. That sounds awful! How to watch la liddat!

Agreed. Eric is the hunkiest - and he has a personality in comparison to the other wooden princes. Though I wouldn't mind doing Aladdin as well.

And possibly Prince Phillip.

Samantha said...

OMG Prince Eric is so sexy! and look at that schlong! *drools* ... but ooo so lega I was too busy and too bankrupt from shopping to go when J-me were talking about it the other day...save me money

Samantha said...

and oh btw, I'm Sam (we makan kat dave deli remember?) ur faithful reader since the day BigFatWitch recommended ur BibikMilk post

Aziya said...

Dang... "straight sausages" is unappetizing man.. Give me 'shroomy shape... larikkk !!!!!

Lau Niang said...

FF: everything about me is nice darling :D

airswift: nak demand marble floor lagi....melampau dier.

janvier: why must nudity be dirty? Its good what. Must share the love you know....says coca cola.

Queer Ranter: Coz he has one lah. Ha ha!

savante: Prince phillip i can telan but his looks to commercial. Alladin has Jackie Chan hair. Huge no no!

Wen:...oooh....and finally you decided to say hi. Welcome aboard!

aziya: There's a buffet out there honey...take your pick. Ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Luckily I didn't watch. Hahaha!!!