Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Meme: Handphone Tag

Chen tagged me something ago with the Mobile phone or Handphone Tag, created by Leonard. This is quite a simple tag, and brings me down the memory lane again..


List down the following:


1. The phone(s) that you owned previously

2. The phone(s) that you're using now

3. The phone(s) that you're looking at to replace the current phone


Personally, i'm quite sentimental with my own stuffs. So i don't change my phones just to keep up with the current trend. I don't change my phone unless they break down or gets missing or something happens. So umm...dun be so surprised if you don't see so many phone models here. Heh heh....


My first phone




The very classic Nokia 3310. I used this phone in my Form 6 and it followed me along to uni. This is one sturdy phone and its perfect for clumsy people who keeps dropping their phone. Like me. Heh heh....

I had quite a bit of fun using this phone also. Remember those days when its rather popular to change the phone casing to fancier ones? They come in all sorts of colours and patterns.



Remember?? I my fare share too. Some would even change the lights so you can have neon coloured running lights. I so jeles when i see my fren's phone got running lights back then. Mom wouldn;t let me waste money of such things.

Smart of her. Looking back now, it looks so la la. Like Ah Beng Ah Lian phone only. Gosh....what was i thinking!

After several years of using this phone, the battery finally had final stage Cancer. The battery dies at any moment of the day. Sometimes i just put in my pocket i dun realize also. When i on the phone again, got 10000 miss call and 1000 sms. Biasa lah, lau niang diva what....sure many people call lah right....

So i got my 2nd phone. The Samsung A800....other wise known as the Blue Eye. I think.



This is by far the sleekest phone i ever used. The features of this phone is rather basic but the shape....oh god. Its so sexy okeh. If anything, Samsung phones are always famous for its sleek designs. This phone is no bigger than my palm and its also my very 1st polyphonic ring tone phone. I was so so excited when i hear all the ringtones.

This phone is quite a lucky phone too. I once dropped it in a cab and i only realized it after i stepped down. So horror you know. I was so panic strickened. I called my own number through a public telephone and the cab driver answered. He was so kind to drive all the way back to return the phone to me. I gave him RM20 in return. That was all i could afford back then mah. But he so nice kan? Bless his soul...

But this phone too....finally suffered terminal disease. Last phone battery konked. Now this one is the key pad plak. Perhaps i was sms-ing too much? Only God knows...

So came my 3rd phone. I switched to a Sony Ericsson K700i this time. Notice i like switching brands all the time? I dunno why also. Ha ha ha! This is the 1st and only phone that i bought myself.


Its not as sleek as a Samsung, but the features were like....really REALLY impressive. Having a camera phone back then makes me feel like Paris Hilton already you know.That was the time i was introduced to the magic of MMS and cam whoring. I got so many people to send me their nude face pics. :p


This is the one phone that didn't really get spoiled actually. So how in gay hell did i landed my current phone you ask?

Well one fine day, i saw my dad playing with this gorgeous thing. I didn't know what model it was but i was like a firefly drawn to fire.



So what happen? I robbed my dad off the phone can. Ha ha ha! He doesn't sms. Doesn't mms. Doesn't use the camera. Doesn't use the walkman feature. So why waste it kan? Might as well give me.

So i switched phone with him. Such a good son kan? Ha ha ha!

3. The phone(s) that I'm looking at to replace the current phone?

Now i'm supposed to answer this. Well, i'm quite happy with my current phone as it is. Unless something free comes along, i dun think i'll be needing a new phone anytime so soon. Ha ha ha!

I should be tagging people in this part. But screw it. Anybody wanna do just do lor....heh hehe

10 comments:

Ganymede said...

Hahahha. You're just like me. I like to nick things off my parents too. Hehehe. To me, since they don't really fully utilise it, I shall do it for them.

But my current K800i is bought by me. So proud of myself. :P

Jason said...

Wah, can do like that. I just found out my dad bought the China made hp. Doesn't feel like switching mine with him.... :p

Anonymous said...

Next time sell yr old hp to me. I am using an old nokia hp only. I met an interesting person today. U might like to read abt it :)

http://www.mylongkang.com/2007/09/25/humility-of-a-handsome-man/

::airswift:: said...

ayo. dowan la do this tag.
i got like satu dozen phones agaknya.

savante said...

And do you know I still miss the 3310. It's so stable, so reliable... and so tough! Sigh. Like a husband.

Aziya said...

huh.. i also nick things off my parents... I'd stole 2 phones from them.. hahahahha....

Now i used two phoe that i'd buy it myself *proud* which is Motorola RAZR v3i and Sony E. Walkman w710i...

Lau Niang said...

QR: Amboi....kaya raya nyer...ha ha ha!

jason: Smart of your dad...i guess he saw through your motives 1st....lolz!

bengbeng: You sure have many interesting characters to meet all the time. Ha ha ha!

airswift: All the more you should do....can become ratu meme.

savante: I sure dun want a hubby shaped like a 3310 though! Ha ha ha!

aziya: Wah use 2 phone yg canggih manggih some more. Gimme one lah! Ha ha ha!

David The Man said...

I think I can use my dad's old large Motorola phone to throw at dogs that bark at me or handbag snatchers. Hehehe... found another usage of the tough mobile phones.

adrien said...

days have evolved, that it is the parents that get the hand-me-downs from the kids. mine are such.

Chen said...

I used a similar phone in the past Nokia 3350, and it’s durable. I accidentally dropped the phone several times on the hard surface in the past, and the phone was still working fine !! I still have the phone with me, although i no longer used it :)